Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Let's get this thing rolling!

Wow, you say you're going to do something and then 50 things happen to make you put it on the back burner.

For example:
*  getting audited by Utah Department of Occupational Licensing for Continuing Education credits for my pharmacy license
*  watching The Real Housewives of New Jersey marathon
*  having a sick child
*  brother getting home from being gone for 2 years
*  another brother getting married
*  watching the Real housewives of Orange County (these shows just suck you in)
*  leaving your camera outside for 2 days
*  the usual cooking, cleaning, entertaining, play-dates, etc
From now on, NO MORE excuses!  

NO MORE procrastinating!

So to start off, let me show you where it all began...


This little beauty of a buffet came to me about 10 years ago when I was still in high school.  I had grown up with it being in my grandma's kitchen.  It was so fun to snoop through.
My grandma is the type of person who holds on to everything 
so this was filled to the brim with all sorts of fun stuff.
She needed more filing space, so she stuck this on her back porch...
That's where I came in, and saved her.
I really wish I had a before picture, she was in bad shape
broken hardware, missing hardware, ink stains, scratches...
but I saw the POTENTIAL

I stripped it, sanded it, and gave her some new stain and some new hardware
(Pretty sure it took a couple years before it was complete and my parents got really sick of it)
But I saved it
I saved this poor, antique buffet
My grandma was amazed at the transformation

Little did I know, this would be the first of MANY transformations...

1 comment:

  1. It is so nice to see that a piece that is simply restored to it's original beauty. By all means DO paint the junky furniture but I've seen to many exotic and extinct woods/pieces shabby chic-ed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...