Thursday, July 21, 2011

Jewelry Box Re-do {A Mini Makeover}

I have never liked my jewelry box.  
It's always been the wrong color. 
So I fixed it.

I gave it a makeover.
It's a mini-me of my dresser now.
I LOVE it! :)

Silly me, I didn't take a before picture...or I can't find it...
I did find a similar one online though:
This isn't my exact jewelry box, but the color and the brassy knobs are IDENTICAL to what I had.

I started my "mini makeover"
I took off the mini-hardware with a mini-screwdriver,
taped off the glass,
took out the mini-drawers,
primed everything with Kilz:

and spray painted Krylon Ivory gloss:

I sprayed the mini-knobs with ORB:

The project wasn't complete until I added some glazey goodness (I used BEHR brand from home depot and mixed 1 part paint to 4 parts glaze):


I didn't take a picture of the "before glaze" jewelry box, but found this identical one online:
Wish they would have had this color when I bought mine...

And the "after glaze" finished product:

It looks great on top of it's master (see here):

It sort of reminds me of when my mom used to make my dolls the same outfit as me...
That was so cool.

My jewelry box finally looks like it belongs after being a misfit for 7 years. (Of course, my whole bedroom used to be a misfit so I can't blame the jewelry box)

I can't even describe how FUN it was to work on this!  It was just soooo...petite. 



10 comments:

  1. So so so pretty :) The glaze really makes every little detail POP perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a crazy awesome idea and it turned out GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your makeover! Especially the repainted hardware. You did an amazing job

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how absolutely cute is that little jewelry cabinet? love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have two of those that I have been thinking of doing that too, but the thought of the tiny spaces and all that taping of tiny areas has kept me from doing it! Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome! i love how it turned out!

    Brie from breezypinkdaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute. It maked me want to makeover mine! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is a unique creativity, and a very new idea to gift someone.

    send gifts to pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I redid a jewelry box for my 6 year old niece (see it at: http://sheekgeek.org/2013/jessicasheekgeek/jewelry-box-makeover-personalized-gift) but I want yours for ME!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm curious, how did the details come through the spray paint? Like, the black edges?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...