Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Jewelry Stand/Holder/Keeper

I don't know what this is:
 Could be a cake stand, but it's kinda small for that.  And not durable enough.
I think it's a candle holder, like for a big candle, or maybe a few smaller ones?
Whatever it may be, I picked it up at a thrift store by my house
(which is out of business now, boo)
I really love how ornate it is.
But, I'm not a gold person.
I decided I wanted to use it in my bedroom as a jewelry holder.
At night when I'm too lazy tired to hang my jewelry back in place, it works very nicely.
It makes the jewelry feel like it belongs there.

I decided to paint it the same color as my lamps
I love the coral color with the aqua, cream, and brown in the room.

I primed with Kilz,
Spray painted it with Krylon Coral Isle,
and of course had to glaze it to make those ornate details pop.

It also accommodates some of my larger odd-shaped earrings that don't fit with my other ones.
Isn't it purdy?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...